Advantages of dental implant
Implant supported replacement teeth most closely resemble natural teeth in terms of look, feel and function such as speech and chewing. They will not move during function, unlike conventional dentures. This will lead to improved speech and self-esteem. You can eat and chew better too.
When missing tooth or teeth are not replaced, your jaw bone shrinks due to bone loss. This will affect your facial contour and appearance. Dental implant therapy minimizes bone loss and helps to prevent this process.
Further more, this procedure does not involve grinding of adjacent healthy teeth. Thus your adjacent healthy teeth are preserved.
What is the dental implant process like?
The dental implant surgery is a short operation performed by a trained dental professional. It is an outpatient procedure that is carried out under local anesthesia. It involves inserting the dental implant into the jawbone. The final restoration is applied once the treated area has healed. For the long-term care and maintenance of dental implants, good oral hygine and regular dental check-ups are essential.
1. Assessment and treatment planning
- Dentist Chiang Mai assesses your health and oral condition.
- Dentist Chiang Mai examines X-rays and models to determine the best treatment for you.
2. The dental implant placement and healing
- Dental implant is inserted under local anesthesia.
- Dental implant is left to heal for 3 – 12 weeks.
- Do bear in mind that healing time depends on the kind of dental implant, your bone health, and your physical condition.
- Chiang Mai dentist can fabricate a temporary crown for use during this time.
3. Final Restoration
- Once the treated area has healed, your dentist applies the final restoration.
- This procedure is painless and require no anesthesia.
4. Post-implant care and check-up
Your new dental implant is the next best thing to natural tooth. Just as with your natural teeth, you have to take very good care of it:
- Brush your teeth carefully after every meal and before bedtime.
- Use a soft toothbrush that you replace regularly.
- Visit dentist Chiang Mai for regular cleanings.
- Ask dentist Chiang Mai about post-treatment check-ups to avoid infections and ensure the lasting success of your dental implants.